June 28th, 2018
RUPA Members: Latest Travel Pass News from Kirk Moore!
Retiree Association of Flight Attendants
Pass Travel UPDATE June 27, 2018
1) Deadline is JUNE 28th to change EFs!
2) Pay your travel invoice
3) New Flying Together website
4) New ZED carriers
5) RAFA website
Read this UPDATE on our website, the links may work better:
1) Changing EFs deadline is JUNE 28th
Retirees may change Enrolled Friends for July-December flying but must do so by midnight June 28th. If you do nothing your current EFs will automatically roll over. If you do NOT want them to roll over you must UNCHECK them. After midnight on June 28th your next chance to change EFs will be in December for January-June 2019 flying.
Visit the Flying Together website ft.ual.com and go to:
FT > Travel > Pass Travel > “Manage pass riders”.
For help: read this page, the pdf, Q&A and view the video:
Here are three important tips: http://www.rafa-cwa.org/3-Tips-for-Enrolling-EFs
2) Pay your travel invoice
If your taxable pass riders (domestic partner, enrolled friends) flew between February 1 to April 30, 2018 you should have received an invoice (Travel Liability Statement) from United. Do not forget to pay it!
You can view your pass rider’s travel history in FT > Travel > Pass Travel > “Pass travel report”.
Here is information from the Employee Travel Center.
Visit our W-2 Pass Travel Tax Reporting page for a complete list of resources and tools including:
• A video tutorial of the changes in employeeRES
• User guide with:
◦ Sample screenshots of what you can expect to see in employeeRES
◦ Sample screenshots of the imputed income calculator
• User guide of how to view and print your invoice from the Your Benefits Resources website
Click to read: RAFA’s page about imputed taxes
3) New Flying Together website!
The cut-over to United’s new Flying Together website took place on May 29, 2018.
1) You still sign in with your file number and password. Remember, your password must be updated every 90 days. Can’t log in? Call the IT Desk: 800-255-5801
2) All Pass Travel information is still in the “Travel” section, but it will be located in new tabs and menus within that section. Click around to discover them!
3) When you find a page you need often, click “Add to favorites” at the bottom of that page and you’ll be able to quickly access it with one click using your “Favorites” (the heart icon) link.
Retirees may get need a little help looking for pass travel information on the new Flying Together website. No problem! RAFA recently updated all of our “Important LINKS” (including handy phone numbers). Below each link is the path we took, so you can easily navigate the new menus of the Travel section. For example: FT > Travel > Programs and policies > Types of travel > (look in fly out menu “In this section”) > “Preparing for travel” is the path to find out everything “you need to know before you go”. Read about how to book travel, proper attire, service charges, refunds, etc. in “Preparing for travel”.
Check out RAFA’s links here: http://www.rafa-cwa.org/page-1831807
Click a link and then sign into FT. Once you’re signed in, RAFA’s links will take you straight to the topic you’re looking for. Try using the paths to find it yourself. Happy hunting! Note: pathways will be slightly different when viewing Flying Together on smartphones and tablets.
4) New ZED partners
June 2018 – We have started new Zonal Employee Discount agreements with XL Airways France (SE-France) and First Air (7F-Canada).
See all the latest information about flying standby on other carriers by going to Flying Together > Travel > Top Hits > Other airline interline travel or click https://ft.ual.com/travel/interlinetravel
Also, read RAFA’s Other Airline page: http://www.rafa-cwa.org/page-1836104
5) Have you seen our RAFA website?
Check out the Travel Benefits tab here: http://www.rafa-cwa.org
Read the Pass Travel Program Summary, helpful links, phone numbers & more.
For other Pass Travel Topics: Previous Travel UPDATES
Compiled by Kirk Moore, RAFA Travel Benefits Committee June 27, 2018
Thank you Kirk!!!!
Retired United Pilots Association
Phyllis Cleveland, Eblast Coordinator
P.O. Box 400 Vineburg, CA 95487 -0400