June 13th, 2018
RUPA Members: UAL Update
This message is for all Retiree Organization Leaders
I wanted to share with you a preview of the story that will run in tonight’s United Daily. Feel free to post the story to your organization’s website and/or newsletter after the United Daily runs at approx. 5 pm CT.
Pass traveling this summer?
Summer travel is here, which can mean busy airports and long lines for pass travelers. Here are some helpful tips to make pass travel just a bit easier.
- Join MileagePlus now, and you’ll be able to manage your pass travel – and all of your United travel – with the United app. Start earning miles and enjoying the rewards. Learn more
- Review the Pass Travel Attire policy before heading to the airport to ensure you’re comfortable and within the rules.
- Remember, if you purchased a myUAdiscount ticket, you may not cancel your confirmed reservation to revert to a space available listing on the same day, same trip.
- Purchase your interline tickets ahead of time for travel beyond the United network.
- Arrive early and anticipate long TSA security lines. Be patient and cooperate with TSA officers. And of course, make sure you’re up to date on TSA rules and travel tips.
Don’t forget that as we grow as an airline, it means more seats are available for pass travel. During the first quarter of 2018, we saw more non-revenue, space available travel than ever before. In fact, did you know that in April, 82% of pass riders who listed for a flight and checked in were awarded a seat? With all of the pass travel happening across the system this summer, it means our front-line employees are working extra hard for all of us. Give them a big thank you the next time you travel.
Try Help Hub to find answers to commonly asked questions and to submit request to our service centers.
Retired United Pilots Association
Phyllis Cleveland, Eblast Coordinator
P.O. Box 400 Vineburg, CA 95487 -0400