November 29, 2017
RUPA Members: Latest up-date from United.
To: United retiree organization leaders Greetings, Starting Monday, Dec. 4, eligible retirees have the opportunity to update their current enrolled friends during the year-end pass travel enrollment period. You are welcome to share this information on your respective organization website and newsletter. The pass travel enrollment period is between Dec. 4 and Dec. 28 (until 7 p.m. CT). Note: There will be a scheduled Dependent Management System outage from Friday, Dec. 1 through Sunday, Dec. 3. During the outage you will not be able to add or delete pass riders from your pass travel profile or access the pass travel enrollment tool. During the enrollment period you can:
- Choose your 2018 enrolled friend(s) names.
- Remove them to open an available slot to be able to add someone later in 2018.
No changes? No action. If you do not wish to make any changes for 2018, you do not need to take any action.
- Current enrolled friend(s) and spouse/domestic partners will automatically rollover.
New for retirees in 2018! Beginning in June 2018, retirees will have the opportunity to change their enrolled friend(s) twice: mid-year and again during pass travel enrollment. Starting in June 2018 One enrollment period per year Year-end enrollment: Dec. 4 – Dec. 28 (until 7 p.m. CT). Travel January through December the following year. Register maximum of two enrolled friends for entire year. In addition to current year-end enrollment Mid-year enrollment: Jun. 1 – Jun. 28 (until 7 p.m. CT). Travel July through December of the current year. Change one or both enrolled friends per each six-month period or keep the same two for the entire year. Friendly reminders:
- Know your friends. If you are providing enrolled friend status to individuals who are not your family members they must be your own close, personal friends and cannot be sold or bartered.
- Names must match. Your enrolled friend’s names must match exactly to what appears on their travel documents, i.e. driver’s license or passport.
- Invoices for tax withholdings. Starting on Nov. 1, 2017, we will begin to collect any federal and state withholding taxes that apply to your taxable pass travel income via quarterly invoice. The first invoice will be sent in March 2018 for any travel from Nov. 1, 2017, to Jan. 31, 2018, and invoices will be sent every three months thereafter. To learn more, click here.
- Be sure your mailing address is up to date. If you need to make a change, go to http://www.ybr.com/unitedor contact the Employee Travel Center from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time, 7 days a week, at 1-877-UAL-ESC9 (from the U.S.) or 1-847-UAL-ESC9 (outside the U.S.), or through United ServiceAnywhere.
Make your elections early so you don’t miss out! Keep in mind, once the enrollment period closes, no changes can be made. Get started on Dec. 4 by going to Flying Together > Travel > Update pass riders and buddies or click here. Want to learn more? Please visit our Pass Travel Enrollment page for helpful information and FAQ’s. Still have a question? Try United Service Anywhere. As to be expected, the Employee Travel Center will experience higher than normal call volume and emails related to pass travel enrollment. We ask to please refer retirees to the helpful information section on the Pass Travel Enrollment page (see image below) before they call or email so that our representatives can best assist everyone. Thank you, Michelle Michelle Pritchett Employee Travel Policy and Procedures Representative, Human Resources Retirees on the go deserve convenience on the go. Try our award-winning United app for all your pass travel booking needs.
Retired United Pilots Association
Phyllis Cleveland, Eblast Coordinator
P.O. Box 400 Vineburg, CA 95487 -0400